Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28, 2014 Last day of 8th grade

2 years ago Joe started Junior High School at age 12, shorter than my 5ft 11in self...

...today I sent him off to his last day of 8th grade at age 14 and almost 6 ft 2 in!

Next year? I have a Freshman!!! Joe has grown SO MUCH in the past two years... not only in height and weight but also in maturity and intelligence.

I am so very proud of him, establishing himself as a solid A/B student who is extremely responsible and trustworthy.
 
Over the past two years, he has built a solid foundation for high school... how did I get so lucky to have such a neat offspring?
**He is officially bored of Mom taking pictures, although he was a doll to offer to get up early so I could take his picture before he left for school (and before I arrived too late for work).**

All done, hanging on the stairs while I tell him how proud of him, I am!
Which resulted in a funny face, there is ALWAYS 1 picture with a goofy face... I think his goofy faces deserve a whole blurb book???
Finished hearing how awesome I think he is, he promptly asked me to buy him a game in iTunes! See? Smart! Wait till mom's all happy and proud then ask for money! :) Enjoy your last day, Kiddo!