Wednesday, July 31, 2013

2 hour ride & another Bee Sting!

Been slowly plugging away on the training schedule for the 1/2 Ironman. I've quit the race a few times... but somehow finish the work outs and keep plugging away the next day. I'll be happy to have October roll around so I can take a break and cut back on the training. The hubby will be happy to not deal with my crazy moods, too! Exhaustion does funky things to the body.

I am super grateful for the gorgeous sunrises and the time running on Sunday's with the girls. To be healthy enough to get outdoors and enjoy the humid heat! The sense of accomplishment post work out... however, I'm still dreading the pool!


Yesterday, I tried to get my long ride in since I'm testing Cross Fit on Saturday. So, I started out on a 2 hour + ride and got stung by a bee at 30 minutes. I was about 7+ miles from home... to continue on or not? I opted to carry on... but looking at my leg today, maybe not such a good idea? Localized LARGE swelling can be a normal response to a bee sting.

We'll see how long it takes me to recover. Luckily, not too itchy or painful. Just swollen and warm! Bee's seem to love me! Must be beecuz I'm sweet as honey!