Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Last spin class before 1/2 ironnan

I'll be honest: while I felt recovered from Sunday's ride yesterday, after today's spin class I'm not feeling so great. I'm not sure if it's the new bike frame not being fitted or something else, but my right leg is stiff and sore. Booty to knee. I've had IT Band issues before (when training for the 2011 marathon) so this isn't completely unfamiliar... but after the Tour de Scottsdale: sometime is most certainly not right!

I'm feeling SUPER nervous out Sunday's 7+ hour endeavor... and the thought of signing up for an Ironman for 2013? Crazy. And maybe I'd sleep better if I stopped reading the Ironman training manual before I go to sleep at night... 

Biking this year has felt like a struggle for me. I'm thinking it's because Dan has improved so much that I'm really having to work hard now to keep up! 

Regardless, hopefully rest for the remainder of the week will get me to Sunday in some semblance of health so I can successfully complete the Redrock Soma 1/2 Ironman!

I'd really like to put 70.3 on the back of my ride...