Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 241 August 29, 2011 Actions

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of Photoshop Actions.

My boy: SOOC
I'm not sure why... somehow, I started doing all of my photo edits in Adobe Bridge and Adobe Raw. The actions I would like to use never look right on my images unless I correct them in RAW first. After adjusting in Raw, I just don't see the point of further edits in Photoshop unless I'm converting to B&W.

RAW conversion:
I did slight adjustments to exposure and used RAW to color correct... the camera SOOC didn't capture the true colors of the evening. This is how the AZ golden light truly looked. 

Tried haze and flash to fill his face just a little bit. Slight vignette... what do you think?

What about lightroom? What is your work flow? I have lightroom but haven't figured it out. I need a 'dummie's' video... any points of reference for me?