Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What Happened to Menu Plan Monday????

It's summer!!! School's out and schedules are complete chaos... so where is Menu Plan Monday? On Hiatus until... next week? 


The Kiddo spends OODLES of time at his Dad's house AND my folks house during the summer. As such, I have a hard time cooking for just two folks (Dan and I). 


To boot: I got a NEW Vitamix Blender and we've been changing the way we eat in the evenings: Light smoothie's about 6pm for "dinner" and nothing further to eat after that. This is a HUGE change to me. Previously, I saved over 1/3 of my calories for the 2nd half of the day to eat a huge meal with my boys. 


Instead, the past two weeks, Dan and I have been having 300 to 400 calorie smoothies for dinner instead and no "late night" snack. We are really enjoying it and I've seen a big difference in body composition for me. 


Recipe for smoothies? 1 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, 1 large carrot, 2 or 3 celery stalks, 7 to 9 oz squash and 1 fruit. DELICIOUS! NUTRITIOUS! LOVING IT!


Ready to try juicing & smoothies? Contact the Vitamixlady for a smokin' deal on a Vitamix 5200!