Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan Week of March 28, 2011

Photobucket
The first time I saw this menu planning craziness was from my friend Nancy. She has this super adorable chalk board where she lists what's on the menu for the week. Dan LOVES it... wants to know what Nancy and her family are having for dinner so maybe he can swing by. (So far he hasn't 'threatened' to drop in on them but has yet to do so.)


Then, I started following orgjunkie.com She ALSO does a menu plan each week... Now I've started Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers and some other creative ladies menu planning each week as well. 


So, despite reservations about having to actually PLAN ahead of time and be committed to a meal on a certain day, I've take the plunge. Below is our first menu for the week and I've even purchased groceries for said recipes.


Monday: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches


Tuesday: Turkey Tomato Panini

Wednesday: Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Vegetables with quinoa



Thursday: Beef Stew with Beer & Paprika

Friday: Chili Rubbed Tilapia with Asparagus and Lemon



My plan is to try this starting now through April. Not sure how it will all pan out, but I'll see what happens. Stay tuned...