Sunday, May 23, 2010

Swimming at the Public Pool

Welcome to Sunday afternoon.
We are back from church. Dan is sick and resting, so the Kiddo and I decide to head to the pool before my evening photo shoot. I've got some reading to do and he has some swimming to do.
I KNOW I was the same at his age and thought it was a perfect day to swim. However, now that I'm older, I had to tell the Kiddo NOT to expect me to swim. There was NO WAY in HECK I was getting in the freezing cold water! With the breeze, the wind chill factor MUST have been like... 70.
Ummm... BRRR!!!! I was actually wrapped up in a towel while I read on at the side of the pool... I was COLD!
We hung out for about 2 hours before deciding to head home.
We got to see a drowning drill where the life guards saved a pretend victim. It was comforting to know that the teens hired at the pool DO actually pay attention to the swimmers and ARE prepared to jump in should the need arise.
After dinner, it was time to head off to my photo shoot for the evening! (Which went GREAT!)