Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last Day of School (Almost)

My boy. He's almost done with his 4th grade year. Normally I take a few photos of him on his last day of school, however Dan and I will be travelling so no picture on the TRUE last day of fourth grade. This year, I have to settle for a few days before the end of the school year.
At this point, I'm just happy I remembered to take his "last day" picture at all! :)
It's always fun to compare the first day pictures with the last day. As he's getting older and more comfortable at his school, he is less nervous on the 1st day of school, but some tiny trepidation still exists.
Highlights from this year: the Kiddo was SO proud to reach 40,000 words read through his AR reading list.

NO trips to the principals office (YEAH!!!)
He sang solo in the class play, he went on a field trip to the Grand Canyon and created 4 book reports (with Grandma's help) for each quarter of the school year.
The kiddo turned double digits this year (while I had a heart attack! My baby is getting too big!)

And he sang to me about Thanksgiving while watching TV (He's so good at multi-tasking!)
His teacher has been phenomenal and this has been another exceptional year for him. I couldn't be a more proud mommy if I tried!

Can't wait to see what next year brings!