Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hiking!

It's been a while but with the GORGEOUS dessert full of green from all the rain we've been having and me taking a break from running on the weekend, it's time to take a hike at South Mountain.
Today is going to be a busy day, so I'm happy to have some time this morning to sleep in AND hit the mountain for a hike.
I take my "normal" trail which I know is a decent work out with some steep up hills and is right off the beaten path/parking lot. The trail now has a name, but I'm not 100% sure what it is. 
I have breakfast at my normal summit (an Oroweat English muffin with almond butter and apple butter, YUM!) and then carry on. I actually hike further than I normally go, looking for that extra calorie burn. I actually lose the trail for a little bit and end up exiting back onto Pima Canyon Road near a stone building I never knew existed. I jog back to the car (it's down hill) so I can get home in time to do all the stuff we have planned.

One thing is plainly obvious... I need to spend MORE time at South Mountain checking out other trails! There are some cool places tucked back in deep.