Saturday, February 20, 2010

4 mile run with Susan


My heart rate is seriously bugging me, I can not get it down. In spite of knowing the logical reasons for the increase (ie I'm still fighting a head cold and the mental crap that goes with it) it is SUPER frustrating to no longer be able to run 4 miles with out walking for some of it.

Susan is ever the gracious sport and stayed by my side through my panting and frustration, thanks girlfriend! I owe you more than tea for all the therapy you provide. :)

In addition, I took the camera with me today to snap some shots of the gorgeous morning. Many a time we have said that we'd go out for a low key run and stop to take pictures. 3 or 4 stops for pictures and a few walks for me to catch my breath. Yes, my cardio as of late is truly pathetic, I know.

Pictures to follow later...

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:1222 ft
Location:AZElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:02/20/10Up/Downhill: [+3/-3]
Time:08:00 AMDifficulty:2.1 / 5.0
Weather:Mostly Cloudy
55 F temp; 54% humidity
55 F heat index; winds SW 16
Performance
Distance: 4.45 miles
Time:0:53:00
Speed:5.0 mph
Pace:11' 55 /miHeart Rate:168 bpm (Avg)
Calories:502180 bpm (Peak)
Notes
CRAZY heart rate still. This cold and my mental status continue to monkey with my running.

Cloudy and a storm rolling in made for a super windy return.
Elevation (ft)