Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fartlek Training

This weekend was the Academic Decathlon and I helped Beth and Tony score for the event. Was a looonnnggg exhausting Friday and Saturday for all, but we made it through. Tony was a huge help in the score room. He manned the scoring machine with competence and problem solved a solution to the double feeding scantrons. I was able to check all the scores and resolve and 0's prior to leaving for the day  at 4 pm. But I admit, I felt bad leaving before all the reports were run, however I know Tony did a great job getting the last bit finalized.

Dan had made plans for us to attend the Gabriel Inglesias comedy show but surprised me with plans to have D and Brian join us for dinner prior to the show. We met at RA Sushi  for some delicious eats! I had scrumptious sashimi, miso soup and rice. Brian and D kindly shared some of their rolls and Dan enjoyed a pork dish.

Next up, the Gabriel Inglesias fluffy tour dates. He had 5 comedians open for him, a few who were hilarious and few who were less than funny. Then came Gabriel... he is one funny guy! New material but he did some of his older jokes, too. DONKEY!!! :) :) We were honored to be part of his largest crowd ever, 4800 folks in attendance, a sold out show at our venue. Gabriel performed longer than scheduled, and the audience loved every second of it!



After the show, we parted ways with D and Brian to head home for some much needed sleep. 7:30 am rolled around and I thought, time to try a short fartlek run and see what happens.

Sadly, it did not go as easily as it would have a month ago. My mind is quickly moving to the 'skip the Lost Dutchman 1/2 marathon' camp.

Activity
Route:3.2 HomeElev. Avg:1274 ft
Location:AZElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:02/07/10Up/Downhill: [+22/-22]
Time:07:30 AMDifficulty:1.9 / 5.0
Weather:Mostly Cloudy
48 F temp; 92% humidity
48 F heat index; winds E 7
Performance
Distance: 3.16 miles
Time:0:33:47
Speed:5.6 mph
Pace:10' 41 /miHeart Rate:163 bpm (Avg)
Calories:379180 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Ugghhh, I'm exhausted. Am I really sick? I'm slightly snarkie but WHAT is the deal? 3 miles have just wiped me out....
Elevation (ft)