Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bicycle - Energy Release

I arrived home from work to find my Mom outside with the boy who was blowing off some steam and taking a break from homework. 
He adores the bike Santa brought him ("And Mom, it looks JUST LIKE the one we gave to the needy boys and girls for Intel!" Funny, that...)

After Grandma left, Joe and I took a quick ride around the block. He has made a "new friend" at church and we are blessed to have him life just down the street from us. It is a bit of a ways, but I wanted to see if Joe could get there himself or not.

So, we did an "experiment" where he took me around the neighborhood to find his friend's house and show me the two ways to get there and back. 

He did a fantastic job of navigating and I know this skill will come in handy in the future!