Monday, October 26, 2009

Colorado - the flight home

After an amazing weekend and Weekend to Remember it's time to return back to Phoenix.
The journey home was blissfully uneventful, although I did get a great chuckle out of Dan at the Colorado airport. Dan and I polished off two bottles of Aquafina in the Hertz shuttle on the way to the terminal, knowing we couldn't get them through airport security.

Upon arrival at the terminal, I toss my empty bottle into the thoughtfully provided recycling bin. Dan looks at me with a sly grin and says "Look what I have!" as he tries to magically pull his empty bottle from the sleeve of his leather coat... but it's stuck. He looks a bit puzzled as he struggles to draw it out, surprised that it is stuck.

I can't help but see in him a small boy.
I laugh as I try to help him pull it out, "Why did you stick it in there?"
"It seemed like a good idea at the time," he replied innocently - reminding me of the toddler who puts a pea up his nose and is then surprised when it won't come out.

We both laughed so hard that even folks who passed us couldn't help buy smile along with us.