Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Memories


I've been thinking all morning about what a different experience the Kiddo has had as a child as compared with me, Dan, Leo and Jennifer. He's got to nuclear families he belongs to and experiences how two different households run. I have nothing to compare to it. On one hand I'm grateful for his exposure, knowing what happy environments both places are. On the other hand, I'm sad that he has so much exposure and pray he feels he fits in both places.

Thinking specifically on summer had me trying to recall memories from my own summers here in Phoenix. What did my brother and I do all summer long? When I was in junior high, I recall my brother playing outdoors with his friends frequently while I stayed indoors where it was cool and watch TV. Dad was working but where was Mom? Many days at school. I know we went to places like the library, movies and on a trip to California, Tucson, Grand Canyon, etc during the summers... but it all seems a bit misty.


I thank God for the Kiddo's opportunities... spending 1 or 2 days a week at kids express playing with other little kids. Thursday and Fridays are treat days at his Dad's house. The days at the beginning of the week are spent with Grandma, Grandpa and usually Spunky Girl.

My folks spoil their grandbabies and entertain them well. It's not always something super expensive, but it IS far better than just hanging around the house.

I pray that his experiences help build his character and strength so he can grow into the man God wants him to be.