Friday, March 28, 2008

Victory


Okay, so WAAAAYYY back in late January, Dan and I joined weight watchers. Mom and a couple of friends I know have had HUGE success with the program and after the binging of Christmas it was time to get serious about weight loss.


Well, after many weeks of working out 6 days a week and seeing changes in my size, today was a real marker. I went for a walk/jog before work today and HOLY COW!!! I jogged more of it than ever before. I have to admit to feeling pretty proud of myself for the small increase in stamina I saw. To boot, I’ve got problems with my knees, but today, no pain. YEAH!!! Today’s weigh in should be a smashing success.


All told, heading into week 9, Dan and I are down 40 pounds. I’m almost 1/2 way to my goal and Dan just blinks and loses weight! He is such a great motivator.


There certainly is something to the weight watchers stuff. Plus the free personal trainer we get through Intel? Can’t beat that with a stick!